domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

as we change...

"When I got outside I walked along the street for some time, mechanically, blindly.  Then, suddenly I felt something metallic in my hand; a wave of fear and horror and loathing came over me, but instantly I remembered that  it was only the hairpins he had put in my hand.  I stopped and looked at them and they were really only hairpins, nothing more.
Holding the hairpins in my hand I dragged myself home, walking unevenly, like an invalid.  And still pinned to my blouse, crumpled, was the sprig of bird-cherry blossoms.  And around the sleeping city was the very same night as two hours before.  And above the massive stone houses stood the moon, surrounded by light, smoky clouds, and the same misty, foggy distance beyond the innumerable rooftops of the city.
And the same scent of apple blossoms, cherry blossoms and grass in the air..."

Without bird-cherry blossoms - Pantaleimon Romanov




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: sólo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.